Looking for Golden Gate Fields Picks? You’ve come to the right place! Our horse handicapping experts provide you with free picks on today’s races at Golden Gate Fields, including Daily Double, Exacta, Trifecta, Superfecta, Pick 4, Pick 5 and Pick 6 bets!
Today's Golden Gate Fields Picks
04/17/21 4:20 PM Est
More Horse Racing Picks For Today
Looking for other Sports Picks?
If you like horse racing and horse betting then you are a true and passionate gambler. So why not try betting on other sports? Our expert tipsters offer a selection of the most profitable sports bets every day. Take a look and you’ll find the one that’s right for you:
- MLB Picks and Parlays
- MLS Picks and Parlays
- NFL Picks
- NBA Picks
- Today’s Soccer Picks
- Today’s Tennis Picks
Secure single bets await you along with more juicy parlays.
Furthermore, don’t forget that you can bet completely free thanks to the free bets offered by our partner sportsbooks. Now the ball is in your court!
How to use our Golden Gate Fields Free Picks
Our expert racing tipsters post their Golden Gate Fields tips 6-8 hours before the start of the first race. Get the latest news, odds, race reports and betting advices from our experienced team of horse racing bettors.
We also provide a Daily Double or Treble and you can combine our predictions to place a bet on the Pick 4, Pick 5 or Pick 6 markets.
Wanna know how to bet on horse racing? Click here!
* Prices given are just guides and are settled at time of writing.
Golden Gate Fields Racetrack
The Golden Gate Fields racetrack, originally opened in 1941, is located in California between Albany and Berkeley, 11 miles east of San Francisco and is within driving range of the Napa Valley. It has been the home track of some highly regarded racehorses and nowadays it is home to several significant races. The current owners, the Stronach Group, acquired Golden Gate Fields on July 2011.
With a beautiful view of the San Francisco Bay Area, Golden Gate Fields guests are treated to panoramic views of landmarks such as the Golden Gate Bridge and Alcatraz Island.
Golden Gate remains the final track in California to race over synthetic surfaces.
The main track is a one-mile synthetic Tapeta oval surface with a 1000-feet run from the final turn to the wire. The turf course is 9/10 of a mile, sitting inside the dirt track and by the lake.
- Main race track: 1 mile oval; 78 ft. wide in the stretch, 75 ft. wide backstretch, 1,000 ft. from the last turn to the finish, and 383 ft. from the first line to the first turn
- Turf Course: Nine-tenths mile oval; three-sixteenths mile chute with a max width of 75 ft. and min. width of 50 ft. and a movable rail
Asides the horse races, you can also enjoy the fine dining and entertainment at Golden Gate Fields. Guests have a lot of great dining options, including the elegant Turf Club, Tastes of Italy and Circle Bar. The racetrack also plays host to numerous fascinating events during the racing season including the popular “Dollar Days”,
Golden Gate Fields Live Racing
Golden Gate Fields offers a good betting product on claiming and allowance events throughout the year. Live racing takes a break in July but other than that, there are races every month with the track also open on selected days for simulcast racing from around the country.
- Winter/Spring Meet – January 1 to June 15, Thursday through Sunday
- Summer Meet – August 15 to late December.
You’ll be able to watch live races from Golden Gate Fields racetrack at TVG and check out simulcast racing as well.
Register a new TVG account for free and you will have the opportunity to watch all the live action from Golden Gate Fields, video replays of every race.
Watch & bet Horse Racing & Greyhound Racing from any mobile device – iPhone, iPad, Android or Tablet. TVG easy-to-use mobile wagering platform is compatible on all of the most popular smartphones and tablets.
Golden Gate Fields Main Races
Though the track does not host a Grade 1 race, Golden Gate does offer several prominent Grade 3 events that have begun to rise in popularity – the El Camino Real Derby, the San Franciso Mile, the Berkeley Handicap, the All American Stakes and the Golden Gate Fields Turf. .
- San Francisco Mile (Grade 3) – 4yo & over, one mile on turf ($100,000, April)
- Berkeley Handicap (Grade 3) – 3yo & over, 8½ furlongs ($100,000, Labor Day Weekend)
- All American Stakes (Grade 3) – 3yo & over, one mile ($100,000, October)
- El Camino Real Derby (Listed Race) – 3yo’s only over 9 furlongs ($100,000, February)
- Golden Gate Fields Turf Stakes (Grade 3)
Other Stakes and Handicap races are:
- California Derby
- California Oaks
- Albany Stakes
- Alcatraz Stakes
- Camilla Urso Stakes
- Tiburon Handicap, 3 Year Old Fillies, six furlongs. $75,000
- Work the Crowd, 4 Year Olds & Up, Fillies & Mares (Cal-bred), 1 mile and 1/16, $75,000.
- Golden Nugget Stakes, $50,000
- Golden Poppy
- Golden Gate Fields Sprint, 4 Year Olds & Up, 6 furlongs, $75,000.
- Half Moon Bay Stakes
- Oakland Stakes, 3 Year Olds and up, six furlongs. $75,000
- Pacific Heights Stakes, 3 Year Olds and up (Cal-breds), one mile and 1/16. $75,000
- Campanile Stakes
- Silky Sullivan Handicap
- Raise Your Skirts, 4 Year Olds and up, Fillies & Mares, 6 furlongs, $75,000.
- Sausalito Stakes, 3 Year Olds and up, six furlongs. $75,000
- Silveyville Stakes, 1 and 1/16 mile, $73,500
- Stinson Beach Stakes, 3 Year Olds, six furlongs. $50,000
- Lost in the Fog Stakes
- Tanforan Stakes, 3 Year Olds and up, one mile and 3/8, turf. $75,000
- Miss America Stakes, Fillies and mares, 3 Year Olds and up, one mile and 1/8, turf. $75,000
- Corte Madera Stakes, 2 Year Old Fillies, one mile. $75,000
- China Basin Stakes
- Forty Niner Stakes, 3 Year Olds and up, one mile and 1/16. $75,000
- Gold Rush Stakes