Horse Racing Picks
There’s horse racing every day of the week, so naturally, we have an expert team watching everything that goes on. If you’re looking to start betting on horses, then you’ve certainly come to the right place. Horse racing betting is one of the most historic pastimes in the United States. Events such as the Breeders Cup and Kentucky Derby are among the most famous horse racing event in the world.
Since online gambling launched across the US in 2018, bettors have moved online for their fix of horse racing action. Many sites now offer daily racing form news, tips for an upcoming race, the fallout from the last race at your chosen track, handicapper info, and more for your favorite horse race. However, with so much horse racing action occurring across the country, you may be wondering what the best bet is for a particular meeting or how to place that bet.
Below you’ll find our free Horse Racing Picks every day, plus betting tips, parlays, and predictions from the best horse racing experts and handicappers.
- Sportsbook & Casino
- User-friendly website and mobile app
- Amazing for parlays
- Huge range of markets
Latest Horse Racing Picks
For all our free horse racing picks for today, choose the racetrack you wish to find the latest predictions from and start betting!
You’ll find all the latest tips, as well as the best sportsbooks to play with, and how to do so!
Looking for Parx Picks? You’ve come to the right place! Our horse handicapping experts provide you with free picks on…
Looking for other Sports Picks?
Every day, our team of expert tipsters prepares for you a selection of the best sports bets available. If you want to make some easy money, look now at what we have ready today:
NFL free picks and college football selections are very popular among bettors. This site covers the NFL extensively and you will find most sportsbooks have a wide range of NFL betting options available.
You will find a wide selection of single bets and parlays to use on all the day’s action, while you can also bet without using your money by taking advantage of free bets offered by selected bookmakers. Sounds good right? So, what are you waiting for?
Horse Racing Betting Picks: Your Complete Guide
When we think of betting on the sport we undoubtedly think of horse racing. It’s the bread and butter of the betting world and has dozens of races to make a profit on each and every day. If you’re new to gambling, then you’re going to want to start with horse racing. Below you’ll find all you need to know about betting on the sport, from the best bets and more.
We love horse racing here at Gambler Saloon and enjoy a punt on it whether it be huge races like the Kentucky Derby at Churchill Downs, major overseas events like the Grand National, or simply day-to-day races in the US, Australia, the UK or the Middle East.
What Our Horse Racing Picks Offer
Our horse racing betting picks take in all our knowledge to provide you with the best odds and markets to enjoy.
We really don’t miss a thing and have all major meets covered, not to mention extensive previews of festivals such as the Kentucky Derby, Cheltenham, the Belmont Stakes, and Preakness Stakes.
How We Make Our Horse Racing Predictions
We have a team of experts here at Gambler Saloon who virtually live and breathe horse racing. There’s very little they don’t know about the sport and before bringing you any predictions, they consider a large number of factors.
Among the key factors includes:
- Horse Form: Naturally, the current form of a horse plays a vital role in any predictions.
- Course & Distance: How has a horse previously performed over the same distance, on the same course or both.
- Against the Competition: How has a horse performed against the rest of the field previously?
- Horse & Jockey: Has the horse ridden with the rider before and how successful have they been?
- Conditions: What are the conditions and how have horses previously fared on it?
- Trainer Success: Has a horse’s trainer had successes in the same race previously?
- Inside Information: What are other pundits and tipsters saying about horses? Do other pundits have inside knowledge that we don’t?
Where To Find The Best Horse Racing Bookmakers
Every bookmaker in the world will have an expansive horse racing offering, so seeking out the best places to bet can be difficult.
Luckily for you, we know our stuff and will ensure you only get the very best from us.
We work with some of the world’s biggest bookmakers from the likes of TVG, TwinSpires, and BetAmerica.
On top of the best odds on horse racing, we’ll also deliver you the finest offers and betting promotions.
If sports betting is legal in your state, then we have a sportsbook for you. Our State of the Union page has tons of great sportsbooks, whether you’re looking for brands operating in New Jersey, such as bet365 NJ and Caesars, or Pennsylvania, Indiana, or West Virginia.
Types of Horse Racing Betting We Cover
We do our best to appeal to all punters, so really so mix it up when it comes to the markets we cover.
We’ll bring you the best odds and value for every race and make sure you’re in with the best chance of winning.
Below you’ll find some of the more common markets we offer to punters, perfect for both experienced punters and beginners. Of course, we have a comprehensive guide on how to bet on horse racing.
Betting on the win market in horse racing is simply betting on the horse that you think will win the race.
If it wins, you win. If it doesn’t, well, that’s game over.
Place betting is one of the most popular when it comes to horse racing as you don’t necessarily have to win the race to earn a payout.
A place bet will double your stake but also payout should your horse place in the top two in the race.
An exacta bet is a wager in which you try and predict the top two finishing positions in a race in the exact order.
You’ll have to forecast first and second within a race in a market you’ll get some fantastic odds on.
This is the same as an exacta, but you must predict the top three in the correct order instead of the top two.
This is another interesting market to play as you’ll get some nice odds and if you study the race card well enough can make educated predictions.
Other Markets & Combinations
Throughout the year there will be a number of other markets we’ll highlight as good value, particularly during festivals.
This will usually include markets backing owners scoring a certain amount of winners or accumulators worth backing across a full day of races.
Essentially if we see a market where we believe you can make a tidy profit, we’ll bring it to you.
Horse Racing Betting Offers & Promotions
Almost every day you’ll find amazing horse racing betting offers to range from enhanced odds, money back specials, and incredible free bets.
We’ll make sure you receive each and everyone from all the top bookmakers, that’s not to mention all the fantastic welcome bonuses we’ll bring you.
You’ll find quality offers in all our previews as well as heading over to our free bets and bonus page where we update our offers regularly.
We pride ourselves on our top-quality horse-racing tips, so bag a free bet, check out our predictions and grab yourself a nice payout today!
Horse Racing Picks FAQs
How do you bet on horses online?
Betting on horse racing is quite easy and convenient than wagering at the racecourse. Here is how it works:
- Firstly, from the list of recommendations for sportsbooks for horse racing on our website, you have to choose one.
- Then, log in to your online betting and select the race you are interested in.
- Fill out your online betting slip. We recommend you to double-check it before you submit it to make sure everything is correct.
- You can submit now and wait for the result.
- If you win, the payout will be directly credited to your account.
What are the different types of horse racing bets?
There are many types of horse racing bets. These include:
- Straight Bets – show, place, or horses to win.
- Exotic Bets – trifectas, exacta, superfectas, head-to-head bets, daily doubles, and many more.
What type of bets is best for a rookie?
Straight bets are the best choice for beginners. Among them, the easiest to win are as follows:
- ‘Show’ bet – You need to correctly guess that a horse will finish in the first three.
- ‘Place’ bet – To win, your horse needs to finish either first or second.
The best thing about these bets is that you do not need to know which position it will come in. These bets will maximize the chance of winning a bet.
Which are the popular racetracks in the US?
America hosts some of the most exciting thoroughbred horse races in the world. Those include Belmont Stakes, Kentucky Derby, Breeder’s Cup, Travers Stakes, and many more. These are held at history tracks across the country.
Here are some of the top racetracks in the US and our free picks for the track:
- Santa Anita Park, CA – Santa Anita Handcapping
- Del Mar Racetrack, CA – Del Mar Free Picks
- Belmont Park, NY – Belmont Park Picks
- Gulfstream Park, FL – Gulfstream Park Picks
- Monmouth Park, NJ – Monmouth Park Racing Picks
- Churchill Downs, KY – Churchill Downs Picks
- Parx Racing, PA – Philadelphia Parx Horse Racing Betting
- Arlington Park, IL – Arlington Park Picks
- Woodbine Racetrack, Canada – Woodbine Harness Racing Picks
- Laurel Park, MD – Laurel Park Race Parlays
- Saratoga Racecourse, NY – Saratoga Horse Racing Picks
- Keeneland Racecourse, KY
- Oaklawn Park, AR
What are the Triple Crown races in the USA?
The Triple Crown race events are the biggest in the USA and are among the most bet on and watching horse races on the planet.
Three races make up the Triple Crown, and take place across May and June. These races are…
- Kentucky Derby: This takes place at Churchill Downs in Louisville, Kentucky on the first Saturday in May each year. It started in 1875 and is ran over 1 ¼ mile.
- Preakness Stakes: This takes place at Pimlico Race Course in Maryland and is tan on the third Saturday in May. It predates the Kentucky Derby, staying in 1873, with a distance of 1 3/16 miles.
- Belmont Stakes: The final Triple Crown race takes place three Saturdays following the Preakness and is held at Belmont Park in New York. It ran over 1 ½ mile and was inaugurated in 1867, making it the oldest of the Triple Crown events.
Is horse betting profitable?
You can make loads of money from horse racing; you just have to know what you’re doing. With a little bit of research about the horse, racetrack, and jockey, you have good chances of making money. What you need more? Help from the horse racing experts. We are here to help you out with that. Our gambling experts update the horse racing picks regularly and brings you the best chance of winning horse racing bets.
Another good way to maximize your chances is taking advantage of free pick offers. Most sites will offer a welcome bonus once you have registered as a reward. You could use these offers at a race track you have some good knowledge of to increase your chances of making a nice profit.