The NBA and its players association will host an “NBA 2K Players tournament” featuring 16 current players competing in a single-elimination tournament on Xbox One With the coronavirus forcing the NBA to suspend its season for the foreseeable future, we can get a taste of our favourite basketball action this week as some of the NBA’s biggest stars compete against each other in simulated games!
What Is the NBA 2K Players Tournament?
The NBA 2K Players Tournament is a single-elimination e-sports bracket competition featuring Kevin Durant, Trae Young, Hassan Whiteside, DeMarcus Cousins, Patrick Beverley, Zach LaVine, Derrick Jones Jr, Andre Drummond, Donovan Mitchell, Domantas Sabonis, Devin Booker, Rui Hachimura, Montrezl Harrell, Harrison Barnes, Michael Porter Jr. and DeAndre Ayton controlling the pads.
Each player will choose from eight NBA teams, each of which can only be used once. If a mirror match is set, the away team is awarded first choice of team. Rounds one and two will be single elimination, with the semifinals and finals running best of three.
The winner of the tournament will select a charity to receive a $100,000 donation from 2K, the NBA and NBPA in support of coronavirus relief efforts.
NBA 2K Players Tournament Schedule
Friday, April 3 (Round 1)
· Derrick Jones Jr. (16) vs. Kevin Durant (1) — 7:30 p.m., ESPN
· DeAndre Ayton (10) vs. Zach Lavine (7) — 8:30 p.m., ESPN2
· Harrison Barnes (15) vs. Trae Young (2) — 9:30 p.m., ESPN2
· Patrick Beverley (14) vs. Hassan Whiteside (3) — 10:30 p.m., ESPN2
Sunday, April 5 (Round 1 continued)
· Montrezl Harrell (8) vs Domantas Sabonis (9) — 6 p.m., ESPN2
· Donovan Mitchell (4) vs Rui Hachimura (13) — 7 p.m., ESPN2
· Devin Booker (5) vs Michael Porter Jr. (12) — 8 p.m., ESPN2
· Andre Drummond (6) vs DeMarcus Cousins (11) — 9 p.m., ESPN2
Tuesday, April 7 (quarterfinals)
· Quarterfinal 1 — 7 p.m., ESPN2
· Quarterfinal 2 — 8 p.m., ESPN2
· Quarterfinal 3 — 9 p.m., ESPN2
· Quarterfinal 4 — 10 p.m., ESPN2
Saturday, April 11 (final rounds)
· Semifinals and championship game — 3-7 p.m., ESPN
What are the odds for the NBA 2K Players Tournament Winner?
- Devin Booker (5) +350
- Kevin Durant (1) +400
- Deandre Ayton (10) +600
- Trae Young (2) +800
- Donovan Mitchell (4) +900
- Hassan Whiteside (3) +1000
- Rui Hachimura (13) +1200
- Andre Drummond (6) +1600
- Pat Beverley (14) +1600
- DeMarcus Cousins (11) +1800
- Zach LaVine (7) +1800
- Harrison Barnes (15) +2000
- Michael Porter Jr. (12) +2000
- Montrezl Harrell (8) +2000
- Derrick Jones Jr. (16) +2200
- Domantas Sabonis (9) +2250
BetMGM Bracket Challenge
BetMGM in New Jersey is hosting a bracket competition that is FREE to enter and has a $20,000 first-place prize. Again, it’s completely free to enter: What do you have to lose?
- Register for a BetMGM Sports New Jersey account via this special link.
- Sign-up for the $20,000 NBA 2K Player’s Tournament Bracket Challenge Game using your verified BetMGM credentials.
- Submit your complete bracket for the tournament (You can do it until Sunday, April 5 at 10:59 a.m. EST)
- All players with the most points throughout the tournament will win a share of the grand prize of $20,000!
Can I bet on the NBA 2K Players Tournament?
Sports wagering sites are offering odds and allowing you to bet on the tournament winner and the winner of each individual matchup.
Who is the favorite to win the NBA 2K Players Tournament?
Phoenix Suns star Devin Booker, who stated this week he has been playing videos games between five and 10 hours a day since the season was suspended, is the current favorite on most sites with +350 odds. Kevin Durant is the top seed of the tournament and has between +400 and +1000 odds to win.
What are some NBA 2K Players Tournament prop bets?
There are several attractive prop bets available, including the player who will score the least amount of points in the first round, any first round game will go to overtime or anyone to win a game by 11 points or more.